We at Fabulously Clean House Clean hope that you, your family and friends continue to stay safe and healthy in these uncertain times. With everyone throwing out words like Cleaning, Sanitizing and Disinfecting it can get confusing, so we wanted to define them for you.
Definition of Cleaning:
Cleaning removes the germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces or objects. Cleaning works by using soap (or detergent) and water to physically remove germs from surfaces. This process does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection.
Definition of Disinfecting:
Disinfecting a surface will “kill” the microscopic organism as claimed on the label of a particular product as long as the dwell time is followed. The minimum level of effectiveness is a modern-say disinfectant is 100% of 6 log 10. A sanitizer is only required to “reduce” that 6 log10 down to 3 log 10. If we start with 1 million organisms on a surface a disinfectant much kill 100% of them; zero left. A sanitizer only reduces the number of organisms down to 100, and does nothing about viruses and fungus.
Definition of Sanitizing:
Sanitizing is meant to reduce, not kill, the occurrence and growth of bacteria, viruses, and fungi. This part of the process when cleaning your home but it doesn’t solve the complete problem if your are trying to kill germs in your home or place of business and why disinfecting is needed in addition to sanitizing.
We have implemented many new procedures to ensure the safety of our cleaning techs and clients.
Our new protocol to keep everyone safe:
Our cleaning techs:
- We will be practicing Social Distancing
- Upon leaving your home they will remove their gloves and wash their hands again.
- We will be wearing face masks.
- We will be wearing booties
- We will be sanitizing the bottoms of our vacuum, mop bucket and caddies.
As always, we will be:
- We will be sanitizing all your surfaces, tables, counters, light switch plates, doorknobs and any other touch points
- Only clean scrubbing brushes and cleaning cloths will be brought into your home.
- We will NOT be putting any of our cleaning supplies on your counters after they have been sanitized.
Things you need to do:
- We ask that you supply 1 toilet brush per bathroom. Should one not be readily available we do carry one that is disinfected between each visit.
Things to be aware of:
- Our arrival times may vary and we may need to change your cleaning tech at the last minute
- If we change your sheets, please strip your beds prior to our arrival.
- Should you need to skip a cleaning or a few your first cleaning back will be charged at an hourly rate. This will enable your cleaning tech enough time to “catch up on the cleaning”
- Some of our cleaning techs have allergies and asthma so there maybe sniffles. We will not sending sick techs into your home