We all know that routine cleaning is necessary to maintain a clean home, but have you ever wondered how often you should be deep cleaning each room? Different rooms in your home have different needs when it comes to cleaning, and without a plan, it can be easy to overlook areas that require extra attention. We offer thorough and efficient house cleaning services and believe that deep cleaning is essential for keeping your home healthy and beautiful. So, how often should you be tackling those deep cleaning tasks? Well, we’ve got the rule of thumb right here!
Whether it’s the kitchen, bathroom, bedroom, or living room, our rule of thumb is designed to help you understand how often each room in your house needs to be deep cleaned. From dusting and vacuuming to wiping down surfaces and scrubbing bathrooms, our guidelines will help you stay on top of your deep cleaning tasks. With the help of our expert tips, you’ll be able to keep your home looking and feeling fresh and clean all year round. Don’t wait until the dirt and grime have built up – stay ahead of the game with our guide to deep cleaning your home!
But first, what is a deep cleaning?
Although you’ve probably heard this term recently, narrowing down what counts as deep cleaning might get confusing. However, it’s somewhat easy to tell apart these tasks when you think about them long enough.
Cleaning your floors, taking out the trash, and other chores you would do every few days are regular cleaning tasks. They keep bacteria at bay, but not from hidden spots. On the other hand, deep cleaning includes every nook and cranny, with tasks like wiping the ceiling fan blades.
What happens when you skip deep cleaning?
Deep cleaning might not seem like a priority, but it’s beneficial to your health because it eliminates hidden germs and allergens. These are the three major issues when you neglect deep cleaning:
- Some areas will start to smell, and these odors can spread across the house.
- You’ll be inviting dust mites and other allergens to your linens and furniture.
- You also endanger yourself by letting nasty buildup (like mold) and bacteria gather.
How often do you have to deep clean your home?
It’s hard to answer how frequently you should tackle detailed cleaning, as each home is unique. However, we can show you the rule of thumb for most deep cleaning tasks so that you can take it as a reference:
It’s crucial to keep this area germ-free and prevent viruses, especially if more than one person uses the toilet, tub, and sink. Here are a few examples of deep cleaning tasks:
- Removing soap scum and limescale: Weekly.
- Cleaning inside cabinets: Monthly.
- Wiping knobs with a disinfectant: Daily.
- Cleaning around the toilet base: Weekly.
- Removing mineral residue from showerheads: Yearly.
You become a target of dust mites when going to sleep. It doesn’t matter how hygienic you are; your bedroom has to be neat as well. Here are a few examples of deep cleaning tasks:
- Washing linens: Weekly.
- Laundering the pillows: Every quarter.
- Deep cleaning the mattress: Sprinkle baking soda and vacuum dirt from the bed every six months.
The kitchen is another crucial area of your home. Every spill or splatter will build up if you neglect thorough cleaning. These are a few examples of deep cleaning in the kitchen:
- Cleaning inside appliances: Weekly. The frequency can vary depending on how often you use them.
- Cleaning inside cabinets and drawers: Quarterly.
- Disinfecting knobs and switches: At least once a week.
More people equals more dust and dirt. Be the best host by keeping this common area spotless. Here are a few examples of deep cleaning in the living room:
- Cleaning under furniture: Weekly.
- Wiping down ceiling fans and light fixtures: Once a month.
- Vacuuming and cleaning upholstery: Weekly.
- Cleaning baseboards, window frames, and door frames: Once a week, especially if you own pets.
- Wall spot cleaning: Monthly, but twice a month if someone suffers from allergies.
Are you too busy to deep clean your home? We can help!
The best way to keep your home clean is to let someone experienced tackle the chores. At Fabulously Clean, our specialty is detailed cleaning, and we’re ready to deliver you a squeaky-clean and healthy space. Check our general deep house cleaning here!