Is your bathroom plagued by the unwelcome presence of mold? Don’t let it dampen your spirits or the cleanliness of your space any longer! We understand the frustration that comes with dealing with bathroom mold, but fret not, because we have the perfect solution for you.
With the assistance of professional house cleaning services, you can bid farewell to this pesky problem once and for all. Say hello to a fresh, mold-free bathroom that will make you breathe a sigh of relief.
In this comprehensive guide, we will unveil the secrets to successfully eliminating bathroom mold, allowing you to reclaim your oasis and maintain a hygienic environment. Get ready to take control and transform your bathroom into a mold-free haven that you can enjoy with peace of mind. Let’s dive in and discover how to eradicate bathroom mold like a pro!
Where To Look
Mold can be dangerous, irritating the skin and eyes and even causes respiratory issues, especially for asthma sufferers. Furthermore, if you can smell it, this may be signs of a more serious growth and you might need professional help.
Here are some common spots to look:
- Under the Sink ~ Check for leaky pipes and standing water in closed in areas, which can create bigger issues by ruining floors and cabinets.
- Behind the Toilet ~ Once again, check the lines. Make sure the bases of the toilet are sealed properly as this spot can seep into your floors as well.
- Bath Toys ~ These guys can get real nasty. And, to think about your child squishing that moldy gunk in their mouth; Yuck! If you can see dark spots from the outside it’s probably best to just replace them. If you do, take a little extra time and fill the holes with a sealer. Caulk works just fine and can aid in longer play time.
- Rugs and Shower Liners ~ These spaces are common for constant accumulation. You should always try and hang the rug after use to let air dry. With shower curtains and liners, you can keep a little spray bottle with a bleach or vinegar water solution handy to spray after bathing.
Using the bathroom fan during and after a shower for approximately 30 minutes can help in preventing mold growth. And remember to clean the cover over your fan regularly because it draws in and collects dust, which will minimize its effectiveness over time. If you do not have one, we suggest installing one. You can also leave the windows open to let air in as well. Air is going to be your first step to prevention.
Removing the Mold
Your bathtubs and showers are the most susceptible to mold. The cracks between the tub and wall seem to never get white once mold has moved in. Rather than regrouting and sealing, which is an option if it’s just that bad, try our process with bleach and cotton coils. Also, grab some rubber gloves so the bleach doesn’t irritate your hands.
- Cut arm lengths strips of the cotton coil, matching the diameter of the moldy area.
- Mix 25:75 water to bleach in a bowl or bucket.
- Take the strips and soak it in the mixture.
- When saturated, one at a time, place the cotton in the cracks, pressing it in securely.
- Let it sit for about an hour.
- When the time is up, remove the cotton. The area should be free of stains and mold.
- Repeat this as many times as you feel necessary.
This process can be used around the house in most moldy spots. Make sure you test areas first in order to avoid unwanted bleach spots.
If it just seems like its too much to handle, don’t worry, give us a call at (208) 608-4648 and schedule your free estimate today. Our professional House Cleaning Techs here at Fabulously Clean will be more than happy to help you freshen every moldy, dusty, hard-to-reach or clean area in your happy home.